Sunday, November 2, 2008

AHHHHHH Paris!!!






For our tenth anniversary Romney and I celebrated by going to Europe! Romney had flown over a week before for business in Holland and I met up with him at a conference in Munich. We stayed a few days there and experienced Oktoberfest (very eye opening) and then took an overnight train to Paris (the train ride was also eye opening!). We spent three days in Paris and then we drove north to a small town called Bayeaux and went to Normandy and Omaha Beach. It was quite a trip to say the least, there is so much to see and do in Europe. At Oktoberfest we went on several fair rides including a crazy roller coaster that went upside down 5 times-its been awhile since I have been on a roller coaster. I also got to experience being part of a strange German game that was run like a game show in which you sit on a spinning wheel with several other contestants and as the wheel goes faster and things get thrown at you you see who can last to the end. I did well and lasted until the final 4, then I got hit by the giant soft ball in the face and it took me out!! Paris is so beautiful and full of wonderful things to see including the Arc de Triumph, Eiffel Tower (so romantic to go to at night and look out over Paris from the top), the Louvre (we had no idea, the Mona Lisa is just the beginning), the Sienne, and it goes on. The streets in Paris are fun and full of bakeries and crepe makers. We recommend the hot chocolate at a cafe and any pastry!! Normandy was very powerful and must see if you are ever in France. It feels like you are walking back in time. The town of Bayeaux where we stayed also had an incredible cathedral and the Bayeaux Tapestry, an enormous tapestry from William the Conqueror. We were so grateful to Mayrene for staying with the kids and being so great while we were gone. They had a great time and we were so glad that we were able to do it!! Here are just a few pictures-we hope you enjoy! If it looks like we are wearing black all the time we are, only because we wore our coats everyday due to the cold. We really do enjoy wearing a variety of colors!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Wow - wow - wow! I'm so jealous! It looks like you had a fantastic trip. I can't believe how big your kids have gotten! One thing's for sure, life keeps coming at you.

katie and co. said...

Kristin! So much fun to know about your blog. Thanks for passing on the email. Bill and I also celebrated our 10 year anniversary in Europe! AMAZING! You are beautiful as always, Romney's as handsome as ever, and your kidlets are about the cutest things I have ever seen. Can't wait to check in often! LOTS OF LOVE!

Jen Rutter said...

Kristin-it looks like you guys had a wonderful time-can you believe it has been 10 years? Europe must be a common thing for 10 year anniversaries-Stewart and I did the same thing!

Moo Moo J said...

Oh Kristi! What an amazing way to celebrate 10 years! What a different world huh?! I look forward to one day getting over there! We miss you!

Em