Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

This spring has been a special one for the Stewart family. We had a bird family make their nest on our front door wreath! It seemed an odd location, with us constantly opening the door but we soon adjusted for the birds. Signs now direct everyone through our garage. The mother built the nest with care, even adding soft fluff and cotton for the inside of the nest. She laid four bluish tiny eggs and they all hatched!! It has been fun for the kids and the kids in the neighborhood to watch the young chicks grow from being so fragile to feathered birds. We can hear them chirp through the door when their mom comes to feed them! On the day before Easter, the first bird left the nest after a bit of figuring out how to fly. It has been a lovely reminder of the beauty of our Heavenly Father's smallest creations and the joy found in rebirth and new life as we celebrate our Savior's resurrection. Here is a pic of the kids after church on Easter sunday, it was hard to get them to sit still. It was also Collin's first day of nursery!!! He did great.


2 comments:

katie and co. said...

So fun to get caught up on all the posts! I'm dying about the birds...how perfect is that!?!?! And the Texas day thing is killin' me. So fun!

B. Beckstead said...

I love all your pictures! I can't believe the birds. When you told me, I couldn't quite visualize it but the pictures are amazing. You have an adorable family and it's fun to keep updated. You'll have to give me tips on what to do for William's birthday. I have no idea what we'll do. Love, Carrie